- On September 29, 2023, the United States Department of Commerce launched a new funding opportunity for projects involving the construction, expansion, or modernization of semiconductor materials and semiconductor manufacturing equipment facilities under the CHIPS Act of 2022.
- Projects within scope are expected to involve a complete capital investment range between $20 million and $300 million.
- The funding application includes significant technical, financial, workforce and economic information, and effectively requires applicants to coordinate with other stakeholders and agencies.
- Applicants are expected to demonstrate that they comply with eligibility requirements and various security expectations related to cybersecurity, intellectual property, supply chain resiliency, and regulatory requirements.
- The Department of Commerce will begin taking initial applications on December 1, 2023, and the application window will close on February 1, 2024.
View the entire bulletin in HTML format.
View the entire bulletin in PDF format.